Tuesday 10 September 2013

Yesterday was a good day for music.

Not only did we get Arcade Fire's new, amazing single that also briefly features David Bowie in the backing vocals, but V V Brown's sophomore LP "Samson & Delilah" was also released yesterday! The reviews have been raving so far, even calling it one of the best albums of the year. I still haven't had a proper chance to get familiar with the album apart from the iTunes preview snippets but I think I'll wait until I get my hands on the actual record before drawing any conclusions. It does sound brilliant so far, however, and can be purchased and previewed here. Here are also the two singles that preceded the album:









The music video of "The Apple" seems to be continuation to that of "Samson", and together they tell a story of a man who's betrayed by a woman who cuts his hair - a reference to the biblical character of the same name - causing him to lose his strength and youth. Then, however, he seeks aid from another woman who rejuvenates him: the mysterious character is played by V V Brown herself. Slightly confused? I don't blame you. Perhaps there will be a third installment that'll serve as a conclusion to the saga and everything will make sense once and for all. I reckon that one would be about the man's quest for revenge against his betrayer. But we'll have to see about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment